Apple Cobbler Dump Cake

Apple Cobbler Dump Cake


The perfect easy dessert recipe for fall! This Apple Cobbler Dump Cake comes together in minutes — no mixing bowls required! The combination of a warm spice cake mix, fresh fruit and toasted pecans is a delicious vehicle for creamy vanilla ice cream.

Thumbing through some old cookbooks I stumbled upon this recipe for Apple Scrunch that just caught my attention.  I love a recipe with a peculiar title and if that weren’t enough, it seemed amazingly easy!

Now in all honestly, this is just a dump cake. But I hate calling anything a “dump” cake. There’s just something about that word that makes me shudder. So that made me love Apple Scrunch even more.  

Adapted from: theseasonedmom.com


INGREDIENTS:

1 ½ sticks of butter, melted
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cans of apple pie filling

INSTRUCTIONS

Pour the two cans of apple pie filling into the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish, sprinkle with cinnamon, cover with dry cake mix, drizzle melted butter all over the top of the cake mix. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment